Skip to main content

David's House Loon

In my last post I discussed creating Art for a Cause as in the example of the United Way Poster Winner. Another way in which Artist's are often asked to make a difference is through donations of our work to fundraising auctions. I have been honored to participate in many worthy charities over the years but one of my favorite creations for a cause was The Exalted Beauty Loon for David's House:
The Exalted Beauty Loon by Amy E. Fraser
The Exalted Beauty Loon by Amy E. Fraser


     The Exalted Beauty Loon is a hand painted wooden loon decoy by Amy E. Fraser. Painted in luminous metallic glazes in warm shades of antique copper, bronze, and gold, this intricately decorated Exalted Beauty Loon was created for a fine art auction fundraiser featuring local Vermont and New Hampshire artists in support of David’s House. 

      “David’s House is the dream of a little boy named David Cyr who passed away at age five after a three-and-a-half-year struggle against acute lymphatic leukemia. Built so that families can remain together when it is most crucial, David’s House provides a home-away-from-home and support for families with children receiving treatment through the Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.” Learn more at: davids-house.org 

      The Exalted Beauty Loon is designed and hand painted by Amy E. Fraser. All images copyright Amy E. Fraser. All rights reserved.



     For more Amy E. Fraser art and information go to Aefraser.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween! Today has always been one of my all time favorite holidays! It is a night full of magic and mystery, a time to face ones fears and celebrate all the dark and scary! I loved Halloween as a kid, making costumes, collecting candy, participating in the adventure, scaring each other to death, what's not to love? Becoming a mother and experiencing Halloween with my son brought it all back. Caden loved Halloween! And I have to admit all the work was worth it when watching him traumatize the other children in his creepy costumes. I'm kidding. He was much too nice for that, no one was scared. Anyway, I had a whole historical Halloween post organized. It was about Samhain, the barrier between the worlds thinning, inviting the dead to dinner... but then I remembered you probably just stopped by to see Caden's Halloween Costumes . It's fine, here they are, all of your favorites: Ghost, Goblin, Vampire, Mummy, Devil, Werepanther and Steampunk Gentleman. Enjoy! Have

The Legend of Hare Terra

Hello Everyone! I’m super excited to announce that I bought the domain name for The Legend of Hare Terra last night! For those of you not familiar with my story, I started The Legend of Hare Terra series back in 2009. I began The Legend of Hare Terra right after I had introduced my beloved Hares at my AVA Gallery “ Wildflower Meadow ” Exhibition. They first made their appearance in my painting series “Meadow Tales”. I am thrilled to say that they were extremely well received. Good thing, because it was already too late, I was obsessed! 10 years later... Okay, so I didn’t work on the series the entire time, but I did step away from the art scene to concentrate on what I hope will prove to be an epic art * experience *. The end goal of the project evolved and changed numerous times over the last decade and eventually The Legend of Hare Terra grew into a collection of over 300 individual art pieces! OMG, right? Soooo, what does one do with a giant body of art dedicated to one subject

What's New?

I am super excited to announce that I have partnered with Fine Art America ! Hundreds of original Amy E. Fraser paintings, drawings, artisan bread and nature photos are now available as Fine Art Prints and Fabulous Merchandise on AEFraser.com !  Here are a few examples: