Skip to main content

Feed the GOAT

Goats are awesome. I’ve loved goats since I was a kid, and now seemed like as good a time as any for a gratuitous cleavage shot. My husband took this photo, apparently I live up to his nickname "June Cleavage". Anyway... the GOAT I’m actually referring to is a common phrase at our house, usually spoken with god like reverence about Tom Brady. I don’t do sports so I had to ask what GOAT meant. Greatest Of All Time. I think everyone has the potential for GOATness.  When I first went to Dartmouth one of my studio art professors asked who was my favorite artist? I said, I am. He stood aghast, jaw slamming the floor, unable to recover from my arrogant response. What I actually meant to say was, that while I love so many amazing artists, I refuse to emulate any one artist in particular. Therefore, No Favorites. Choosing a little of this and that from the greats and then combing that knowledge into your own art is the basis of creating your own vision. Discovering what appeals to you is discovering who you are. Your preferences form your personality and eventually your Artist Identity. Knowing who you are is the most important aspect of developing an Artist Style or Artist Brand. Be your own favorite artist and love what you make. Do it for you! Because if you don’t love you, no one else will. Find your inner voice and be the Greatest Of All Time! 



To learn more about Amy go to Aefraser.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween! Today has always been one of my all time favorite holidays! It is a night full of magic and mystery, a time to face ones fears and celebrate all the dark and scary! I loved Halloween as a kid, making costumes, collecting candy, participating in the adventure, scaring each other to death, what's not to love? Becoming a mother and experiencing Halloween with my son brought it all back. Caden loved Halloween! And I have to admit all the work was worth it when watching him traumatize the other children in his creepy costumes. I'm kidding. He was much too nice for that, no one was scared. Anyway, I had a whole historical Halloween post organized. It was about Samhain, the barrier between the worlds thinning, inviting the dead to dinner... but then I remembered you probably just stopped by to see Caden's Halloween Costumes . It's fine, here they are, all of your favorites: Ghost, Goblin, Vampire, Mummy, Devil, Werepanther and Steampunk Gentleman. Enjoy! Have

The Legend of Hare Terra

Hello Everyone! I’m super excited to announce that I bought the domain name for The Legend of Hare Terra last night! For those of you not familiar with my story, I started The Legend of Hare Terra series back in 2009. I began The Legend of Hare Terra right after I had introduced my beloved Hares at my AVA Gallery “ Wildflower Meadow ” Exhibition. They first made their appearance in my painting series “Meadow Tales”. I am thrilled to say that they were extremely well received. Good thing, because it was already too late, I was obsessed! 10 years later... Okay, so I didn’t work on the series the entire time, but I did step away from the art scene to concentrate on what I hope will prove to be an epic art * experience *. The end goal of the project evolved and changed numerous times over the last decade and eventually The Legend of Hare Terra grew into a collection of over 300 individual art pieces! OMG, right? Soooo, what does one do with a giant body of art dedicated to one subject

What's New?

I am super excited to announce that I have partnered with Fine Art America ! Hundreds of original Amy E. Fraser paintings, drawings, artisan bread and nature photos are now available as Fine Art Prints and Fabulous Merchandise on AEFraser.com !  Here are a few examples: